A highly recommended daily London radical history blog from our comrades at Past Tense: https://pasttenseblog.wordpress.com/category/rebel-history-calendar/
(Also on facebook and twitter.)
Not all Hackney related, obviously, but always an inspiring read.
Recent articles of interest include:
- Impromptu street party after ‘Stokefest’ event, Clissold Park, 2007
- Hackney Social Centre squat opens, Lower Clapton, 2008
- Workers occupy St Leonards Hospital, Hackney, 1984
- Bread rioters in the East End seize food, 1855
- Tony’s Cafe re-occupied, Broadway Market, 2005
- Fascist rally in Ridley Road market, smashed by Jewish 43 Group, 1947
- Antisemitic Nazi march opposed, Clapton, 2015
Past Tense are also helping to organise a FREE central London squatting history walk this Thursday (15th of June) which will be well worth a look…
Oh and don’t forget their publications!